[Dixielandjazz] jazz advocate

acjspres at aol.com acjspres at aol.com
Sat Jul 1 16:20:37 PDT 2006

I could post many notes as did Steve Barbone but it does smack of
"bragging", so I rarely do it.....we play many gigs for high schools kids and  college
kids....we get a great reaction. I just booked the Boondockers for a gig  here
(Arizona) for the Lindy Hoppers in September....it will be a fun evening.  The
next day (Sunday afternoon) they will play for the AZ Classic Jazz  Society.

I do think most decent dixieland bands are doing this already....Steve
leaves the impression that it is not often done nor understood. I do know that  the
Lindy Hoppers had a big swing dance weekend in Denver several weeks ago and
the great Queen City Jazz Band played for them....the kids loved it! Also,
Bria  and Claire have been playing for young folks for years....

As far as I am concerned this guarantees the future of OKOM and it is much
more fun than playing for a bunch of folks my age - VBG!

We are  confronted with insurmountable opportunities"....Pogo

Joe Hopkins
AZ  Classic Jazz Society Vice-President
Jazz Clarinet...52nd Street Jazz Band  602-810-5888 or 480-396-6798
_www.azclassicjazz.org_ (http://www.azaclassicjazz.org/)