[Dixielandjazz] Sam Pilafian from Joe Hopkins

Bob Romans cellblk7 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 31 13:08:17 PST 2006

Hi Joe...I know you use Sam a lot of times, you lucky guy!
I would LOVE to have Buddy Apfel and Sam Pilofian play/jam together
sometime....it would be a momentous occasion!
By the way...if any bands are coming to Sacramento this year, and you need a
tuba player who can REALLY PLAY...get in touch with Buddy...
Apfel, Maury(Buddy)
E-mail Address(es):
  tubasavvy at hotmail.com
It wouldn't be a bad idea for the Jubilee to give Buddy "carte blanche" to
drop in with any band, like the Arizona Classic Jazz Festival did several
years ago with Tommy Loy, and like Bob Draga does....they drop in, play a
couple of tunes for the sheer enjoyment of the fans, and then
disappear...like the Lone Ranger, into the night!
Warm regards,
Bob Romans,
Cell Block 7 Jazz Band
1617 Lakeshore Dr.