[Dixielandjazz] "Weary" - by Eubie Blake

Craig I. Johnson civanj at adelphia.net
Mon Jan 30 16:46:54 PST 2006

Eubie Blake and Andy Razaf wrote the music and words to a musical called
"Tan Manhattan". It included a gospel style tune entitled "Weary". I have the
pages from Anderson that include it, but whoever copied it smeared about
3 measures, both notes and words and I can't find copy of either the lyrics
or the music on the web. I'd like to complete it as it is a nice tune.

Does anyone have the LP or CD entitled "Wild about Eubie" I think one of
the performers on it is William Bolcom I think the other is a vocalist "Ms. Morris".
If you do and are willing to let me know the contents of the 3 measures I'm missing,
I'd be most appreciative. Please contact me directly at
civanj at adelphia.net.

Thanks,
Craig Johnson