[Dixielandjazz] Please Mr. Custer...

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Sun Jan 29 09:48:34 PST 2006

Another overplayed novelty recording from about the same time as "Mr.
Custer" and  "Flying Purple People Eater"  - I was only a kid back
then but I much preferred the novelty songs from The Coasters to this
sappy stuff...

One morning when I was out shopping

Though you'll find it hard to believe

A little blue man came out of the crowd

And timidly tugged at my sleeve.

  "I wuv you! I wuv you!" said the little blue man

  "I wuv you! I wuv you to bits."
  "I wuv you!"

He loved me said the little blue man
And scared me right out of my wits.

I hurried back to my apartment
I rushed in and I closed the door
But there on the desk stood the little blue man
Who started to tell me once more

  "I wuv you! I wuv you!" said the little blue man

"I wuv you! I wuv you to bits."
  "I wuv you!"

He loved me said the little blue man
And scared me right out of my wits.

For weeks after that I was haunted

Though no one could see him but me
Right by my side was the little blue man
Wherever I happened to be.

"I WUV you!"

One evening in wild desperation

I rushed to a rooftop in town
And over the side pushed the little blue man
  Who sang to me all the way down

"I wuv you! I wuv you!" said the little blue man

"I wuv you! I wuv you to bits."
"I  w-u-u-v you!"

He loved me said the little blue man
And scared me right out of my wits.

I whispered, "Thank goodness that's over!"

I smiled as I hurried outside
But there on the street stood the little blue man
Who said with a tear in his eye

"I don't wuv you anymore!"

Ah, the golden age of music!

Dave Richoux