[Dixielandjazz] Re: Please Mr. Custer...

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sat Jan 28 15:21:07 PST 2006

> Do any of you fine list-,embers remember this tune? Who did it!

Dear Bob,
They all seem to know it but, to date, no one has answered your question.

"Mr Custer" (1960. Fred Darian / Al de Lory / Joe Van Winkle)
Recorded for Era by C&W singer/guitarist Larry Verne (1936-   ).
The sole $million seller by this singer from Minneapolis which topped the US
charts for one week in 1960 and was in the bestseller list for 13 weeks. He
followed it with a less successful, song "Mister Livingston."

We down under may not know the song, but we do know who Mr Custer was.
Regards,
Bill.