[Dixielandjazz] 4'33"

d. sleeman d.sleeman at hccnet.nl
Sat Jan 28 04:29:48 PST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Gunter" <jazzboard at hotmail.com>
To: <dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 28, 2006 3:43 AM
Subject: RE: [Dixielandjazz] Re: Lead sheet for "Blue Bungalow"

> Hi all,
>
> Stephen Heist asked:
>
> >What are the songs YOU hate
>
> I hate John Cage's "Four Minutes Thirty Three Seconds."  And nobody ever
> plays it at the right volume!
>
> Bill "What key is that song in?" Gunter

I remember, when I was a sound engineer with the Dutch radio, I had to broadcast a pianorecital. When that piece came by I had no idea what was going to happen - nobody had warned me just to see how I would react. Well, I was panic-stricken because I thought my microphones were failing. Afterwards, we had good laugh.

BTW, check out

http://hypertextbook.com/eworld/fourthirtythree.shtml

Dick "                    " Sleeman