[Dixielandjazz] New Orleans Jazz Band not Dixieland Jazz Band

eighthst7 at aol.com eighthst7 at aol.com
Fri Jan 27 22:46:03 PST 2006

So I have been thinking (always a dangerous thing) about the  idea   of
calling my band a New Orleans Jazz Band instead of  a Dixieland Jazz  Band.
Dixieland  has   become a  bad  word in some circles.  I think the kids don't
relate to it,  and some others think the term is almost obscene.  Especially since
 Katrina, and the world's reaction to the tragedy with all of the world
sympathizing and reaching out to help,  it seems to make more sense.

Richard Redmond
8th St 7
Palm Springs CA