[Dixielandjazz] $101 MILLION to PRINCETON UNIVERSITY FOR "CREATIVE & PERFORMING ARTS".

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Sat Jan 21 14:00:45 PST 2006

In my obviously slanted not necessarily humble opinion:

Almost all Musicians could be considered as Philanthropist since they
collectively Give away more Free music a year than this small amount of
money by comparison.  One would hope that one day someone would
actually leave that much money in an account to hire and pay musicians,
not pay professors to teach another generation of starving artists how
to not work and get paid livable wages for doing so except for becoming
the next generation of music teachers teaching the same old routine.

Perhaps if we started calling ourselves Philanthropist who do a little
music on the side we would get more respect.  :))
We can say we gave millions of Dollars in in-kind services.

I have a Dream!  I have a Dream!,  but alas it is a NIGHTMARE ME THINKS

Musical content:   Will it Go round in circles?  (Billy Preston)   and
"Will the circle be unbroken"? Johnny Cash and other less academically
inclined but successful musicians and or entertainers.

So the next time you walk past that street musician drop a bill or two
in his hat, no chump change in his tambourine, he just might be a
displaced PHD Music professor who ran out of grants and still can't buy
a real music gig.  :))

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins