[Dixielandjazz] More on Pandora and yet another site

Craig I. Johnson civanj at adelphia.net
Sat Jan 21 10:26:14 PST 2006

I tried pandora - typed in George Lewis, no dice. But then,
I tried Bix Beiderbecke, got "Miss. Mud" and then up came Ralph Sutton
with a group playing "Clarinet Marmalade"  -- hey neat!! thanks man!
Then  it segued to Peewee Russell and "Sunday".and while I'm writing this:
King Oliver with "Jelly Roll" playing a duet on "King Porter Stomp"
-----
Another site I forgot to mention is parlorsongs.com
not really jazz, but a good place to find old tunes.
---
I've got bunch of midi sites too that I find really useful, like
our own John Farrell's http://homepages.tesco.net/~stridepiano/midifiles.htm
 and "Perfessor" Bill Edwards www.perfessorbill.com/sources.htm
-- that site will lead you to others.

Again Thanks for Pandora (listening to Bix & "Tiger Rag'" now)
Craig