[Dixielandjazz] Back Home again (In Israel)

Ministry of Jazz jazzmin at actcom.net.il
Wed Jan 18 01:21:44 PST 2006

Shalom Jazz Fans,

Thanks so much to so many of you who sent condolences over the passing of my
father. I am sorry I cannot respond to everyone personally at this time, but
please know your kind words and thoughts are appreciated during this
difficult time.

Bob Romans is correct, and I should have mentioned that my Dad was at one
time vice president of sales for MGM Records, back in the early '60s. He
knew some big name people, including Trini Lopez, Connie Francis, Angela
Lansbury, and some others from MGM's stable at the time. Boy, do I remember
one babysitter freaking out when Dad called home one night and put Connie
Francis on the phone to say hello to her!

Dad had an impressive record collection, and the equipment to play them on.
I suspect that was my inspiration to get into the world of music,
particularly the classic Broadway, big band and whichever revival of
Dixieland was current in those days. Actually, I don't know what happened to
that collection. I should find out. Last I knew, Dad had moved on to
cassettes and CDs with the rest of us.

Anyway, I'm back to the list, and back in Israel. Thanks again to my many
dear friends I've met on DJML these past few years. Do come over and visit,
and bring your axes. We'll find something for you to do here.

Elazar
Dr. Jazz Dixieland Band
Tekiya Trumpet Ensemble
Jerusalem, Israel