[Dixielandjazz] Jazz Happening in San Francisco Feb. 25th

Dingo roadie at btinternet.com
Tue Jan 17 12:23:46 PST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: EDWIN COLTRIN
To: dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com
Sent: 17 January 2006 00:34
Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] Jazz Happening in San Francisco Feb. 25th

I didn't see any mention of "Saunders King", used to play in a downstairs bar
on Geary I think, close to the theatre district. <snip>

Good to see him get a mention here, Ed. I have a few 78s by him and used his
"SK Jumps" as an intro/outro on a hospital radio show I did way back in the
early 1990s. Also have (on vinyl) just one aircheck circa 1943 I believe,
though whether from a SF club I don't know.  A swinging group by all accounts
from this limited exposure to them.
~
John D