[Dixielandjazz] Re: Mardi Gras Parties

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Mon Jan 16 11:16:56 PST 2006

This is sent by Sue Kroninger, (Big Mama Sue):

(snip)
>  I've been doing Mardi Gras parties for corporate and private
events for years.  It's part of the costume collection, and I offer it
in all my promo materials.   We usually get a lot of gigs in Feb and
march as it is a very popular theme.  This year is no exception.
Although I certainly don't have as many gigs as you do.  Must be nice
to live in an area with so much going on.  Here's something you might
not know about:

Bobby Phillips (leader of "Sweet Thursday Jazz Band"  from Monterey)
has pledged to do a free concert at the Del Monte Shopping Center in
Monterey, with their cooperation, every Saturday afternoon in 2006.  A
collection will be taken up at each concert and the proceeds will be
donated to organizations helping New Orleans musicians.  This will
involve a lot of us who live in the general area as a labor of love.
Good for Bobby!  If anyone in your area is going to vacation in
Monterey, check it out.  You can reach Bobby at (831) 625-1850.  He'd
probably enjoy having guest musicians from out of the area, too.
Sue
(snip)