[Dixielandjazz] Danceable Rock? - Danceable Jazz

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 14 07:01:15 PST 2006

Danceable Rock? Here is the first paragraph of a NY Times arts article on a
couple of bands promoting it. "Morningwood" a female led group might just be
the Rock version of Mighty Aprodite.

Note that EMI is hyping both bands. Have they discovered a trend? Danceable
music? Hmmmmmmm. Maybe we should check out danceable jazz.

Cheers,
Steve

PS. These are not "great" bands, yet getting attention in NYC because it
seems that people want to dance.

Two Bands With One Message: Let's Dance

NY TIMES  By KELEFA SANNEH - January 14, 2006 (first paragraph snip)

Right now, EMI Music is promoting two New York bands hoping to ride
danceable rock into the mainstream. Both released new albums on Tuesday, and
both played the Bowery Ballroom this week. On Wednesday night it was
Morningwood, the brash and shameless female-led group that just released its
self-titled debut album through Capitol Records, an EMI subsidiary. And on
Thursday night it was We Are Scientists, the sly and shameless all-male trio
that just released its debut album, "With Love and Squalor," through Virgin
Records, another EMI subsidiary.