[Dixielandjazz] More Ory gtr 1959

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Sat Jan 14 02:19:51 PST 2006

Glenn wrote.........
Hello Bill,
Have just come up with this.Fred Haggerty recorded with Ory in L.A. IN 1959.
I have a compilation tape Verve 831 375-4 that has Loveless Love with Ory,
Buckner, Caughey Roberts,clt. Cedric Heywood,pno., Haggerty,gtr. Charles
Oden,bs Jesse Sales dms. recordedApril 1st 1959.

And, this from me:
During that same year, I saw Ory, with Mutt Carey performing live at the
Beverly Caverns in Los Angeles.  They only played about 4 songs a set, and
the second round of the in & out choruses Mutt would drop down one octave
(probably all he had left), but it was still great!

Jim