[Dixielandjazz] Nelson Riddle + Frank Sinatra = Magic

brycejo at comcast.net brycejo at comcast.net
Thu Jan 12 11:01:02 PST 2006

I've always felt that Sinatra recorded dozens of classics.  While "Skin" is among his best, "All the Way" for me is the ultimate Sinatra experience.  I read a review somewhere years ago that identified this 1957 record as Sinatra's masterwork.

All that said, "....Monterey" from this session is fantastic.  Later, "One for My Baby" has Sinatra ooozing sincerity and sadness.

Did he ever make a record without making the material better than it was....with the exception of "Skin," "All the Way" and "One for My Baby?"

Even his "...Coffee...in Brazil" was made better when he sang it.

Jack Bryce
One of Littlefield's minions

From: Steve barbone <barbonestreet at earthlink.net>