[Dixielandjazz] Fwd: A worthwhile free gig

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Wed Jan 11 23:23:31 PST 2006

-----Original Message-----
 From: Ambassadors of American Culture
<info at ambassadorsofamericanculture.com>
To: tcashwigg at aol.com
Sent: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 20:59:26 -0800
Subject: A worthwhile free gig

      http://www.craigslist.org/eby/evg/124528520.html

 classical/jazz musician needed/ pro-bono gig (oakland downtown)
 Reply to: jcarroll at crisissupport.org
  Date: 2006-01-11, 1:32PM PST

  We are looking for a pro-bono or greatly-discounted musician to help
our organization celebrate the efforts of our volunteer board (we're a
suicide prevention center). The date of the event is Weds. January
25th, and the location is a restaurant in Oakland, near Civic Center.

   A solo classical guitarist? Flautist? Some kind of jazz player? This
performance would be for about 45 minutes from about 6:30 p.m. on. We
would be happy to write a tax receipt for your services and perhaps
$100 to $150 for your efforts.

   Crisis Support Services of Alameda County is a nonprofit organization
established in 1966 as a suicide prevention hotline. Crisis Support
Services' mission is "to reach out and offer support to people of all
ages and backgrounds during times of crisis, to work to prevent the
suicide of those who are actively suicidal, and to offer hope and
caring in times of hopelessness." Our website is
http://www.crisissupport.org

           no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or
other commercial interests
           Compensation: Maybe $100-150. Tax receipt.