[Dixielandjazz] Anton Webern 12 tone Hoax

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 11 12:33:13 PST 2006

"Ed Danielson" <mcvouty78 at hotmail.com> wrote

> Even though I don't care for 12-tone music, I hope everyone realizes the
> Webern-Nazi story is a hoax:
>
> http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/weekly/aa062998.htm

Good catch Ed.

Actually is was a cover story for Eddie Condon style counterpoint which was
the real Nazi Spy Code. He and "Charlie" passed secrets via swinging and not
so swinging Dixieland during WW 2.

The code was modified in the 1950s by Gerry Mulligan counterpoint w/o piano
to send secrets to the Russians during the cold war. That's how they got
sputnik in orbit first.

Monk, of course used his own formulaic harmony to send secrets to Saturn
which were heard there by Sun Ra who is playing them back now. Eventually
via the Arkestra and UFO's, Ra, who emigrated to the USA from Saturn, hopes
to gain control over the world.

We may not care for that music now, but when the Saturnians and the Arkestra
take over, we will either embrace it be implanted with a microchip that
forces our brains to hear a continuous loop of all of Kenny G's recorded
works at 100 decibels. Only death will stop the program.

And since those from Saturn are travelling at just under the speed of light,
they will survive to hear Cage's 639, in real time of about 17 minutes.

Cheers,
Steve