[Dixielandjazz] Re: Not OKOM, but collectible

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon Jan 9 19:54:33 PST 2006

Dear Ed,
Probably too late to accept the Condon Town Hall Concert program offer.
However, they are certainly historically important in that they predate the
Ed Anderson produced, Blue Network broadcast, Eddie Condon Town Hall Concert
series which commenced on Saturday 20 May 1944 and ran through to 7 April
1945.
All have been now been reissued, complete, by Jazzology on (initially) LP
then CD.
Which I have.
The 11 March concert you heard 'live' was in fact recorded and broadcast in
part on WHN. Although this was not known until only a few years back. It
was issued on a Jass CD and again on Jazzology JCD-1024 (which I have) in
2002.
No such luck for the 19 Feb 1944 concert, so far as I can find.
Very kind regards,
Bill.
PS: What did you mean by the subject heading: 'Not OKOM, but collectible'?
Surely this music was very OKOM then, as it is now.