[Dixielandjazz] A Challenge and 2 Questions

Stephen Heist steveheist at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 9 12:13:59 PST 2006

Hi all...
To hopefully get to the heart of the matter, quickly...
As far as Question Number 2 (below) just remember this:
If you like Renoir, go to see his works...  If you like Michaelangelo, same
thing...

We are all HOPEFULLY artists, too, and there is no numbered list for
artists of any kind.
You'll find out if you ask that question below to 100 people on this list,
you'll get 100 different lists!

You will like and be drawn to the artists YOU like, period.
We all create different colors and hues with the notes we are given, just
like any artist, whether it be painting, dance, theatre, etc.
It always has astounded me that people want to rank or rate artists...
That kind of thinking belongs in sports.
It's OK to like more than one artist, in fact, it's quite healthy.
So, bottom line, don't limit yourself to a "list" or try to figure out
who's the "best"  There IS no "best" in an art form...
Listen to everyone or anyone - you'll never know when you'll stumble across
someone who inspires you or touches your soul...
I know that I'm always surprised and pleased when someone "turns me on" to
a person I had never listened to before.
All the VERY best,
Steve Heist

You can NOW visit my NEW website and check my schedule at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~steveheist/
Drop on by today!

musician?