[Dixielandjazz] Dixieland Festival in Portugal

Tito Martino tmartino at terra.com.br
Sat Jan 7 07:23:12 PST 2006

To my List Mates in Europe

I started the year receiving an invitation to play from 7 to 12 June with my
Band at
Cantanhede Jazz Festival, a small town in Portugal.  I will bring my sextet,
with tuba but no trombone.
See
http://www.internationaldixielandfestivalcantanhede.com/fidc/prog-2dia.asp

for the 2004 edition.

I am wondering about the possibility to extend my trip a couple of days to
some places in Europe, alone or with some components of my Band, if I find a
way to cover the expenses starting from Portugal.  Can someone help me?

Of course I’m contacting Jim Kashishian in Madrid, and my friend Jens
Lindgren in Sweden trombonist from the famous Kustbandet, and some old
friends in Switzerland, from the Bands I played with when I was living
there.  There is also Ivor Jones in Portugal.
And the multitalented Tamás Ittzés in Hungary.
(He helped me composing the tune I dedicated to the DJML, two years ago,
JAZZ TO HEAR, with lyrics by Sheakspeare – and me; take a look at his site,
it’s the whole dots-sheet and lyrics there ! )
http://ittzes.bohemragtime.com/english/index.html       and go to “Scores”.

A contact with some loyal and reliable professional agent in the Jazz field,

possibly would be convenient?   I don’t know any in these regions.

any help will be wholeheartedly welcome

cheers

Tito

TITO MARTINO JAZZ BAND