[Dixielandjazz] RE: Have you tried this

charliew8fim at verizon.net charliew8fim at verizon.net
Sat Jan 7 05:38:24 PST 2006

Larry Swain wrote "I'd like to try this"

Hi Larry,  I'm having trouble getting to you off-line.  I may have to post to the list.  However the transmitter I bought runs for hours on two tiny AAA batteries, so I don't have to mess around with external power supplies.  I have enough wires!  Unfortunately I pitched the box, and there is no 'brand' name on the transmitter.  I will try to describe it.  It is oval in shape and about 3 inches by 1 1/2 inch and 3/4 inch thick.  Dull metallic silver with a black oval center.  There is a dial on one end to set the frequency, a 3 inch pigtail on the other end with the audio plug.   One side is the power switch, and the other side has the option for a 3 volt power supply which I don't use.  There is a round "C" logo on the front.  I bought this at our local TARGET store, so you may find one like it there.  Some are much more expensive, but this one seems to do the job.  BTW for the antenna I wrapped about 3 turns around the device and taped it.  You may want to experiment with the length of wire and orientation for best reception.  Good luck, and let me know if you have any problems with it.    Charlie