[Dixielandjazz] Album Sales Decline Again

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Fri Jan 6 16:48:48 PST 2006

Did anyone ever think that they may have priced themselves out of the market
or that the American public just doesn't like what they are doing.

The phenomenon of Rock and Roll happened because people were looking for
something new and became the new music.  The public may be tired of a couple
of guitars and a drummer with a chick singer sound.  I certainly am.

When anyone is buying anything they must have the money and they must want
what they are buying.  If either part isn't there then there is no sale.
Often there is only one or two good tunes on any album.  Why spend $15-$20
for two tunes especially if you can buy them for a buck or two online or
better still off of satellite radio or some other source.  If the artists
and record companies are not giving fair value the people won't buy.
Larry Walton
St .Louis