[Dixielandjazz] "Good Night and Good Luck"

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jan 6 15:25:50 PST 2006

Dear friends,
Yesterday morning, Jess and I saw the George Clooney film "Good Night and
Good Luck".
A wonderful depiction of the very public 1950s battle between Senator Joseph
McCarthy and his House Un-American Activities Committee with CBS and
broadcaster Edward B Morrow's 'See It Now' TV team regarding the communist
witch-hunt, lies and fear tactics employed by McCarthy at that time.
Something I am old enough to remember.
A magnificent and potential Academy Award winner, even if we dare not
discuss the political aspects of Clooney's fine film on the DJML.
What has not been mentioned on the DJML (unless I missed it) is the
wonderful and authentic-looking appearances in the film of singer Dianne
Reeves, backed by a fine group comprising tenor, piano, bass and drums.
Try as I might, I have been unable to find, via the internet, who this group
is, nor the list of songs featured in the film.
Short of buying the soundtrack CD (a big ask for a mouldie like me*) can
someone please provide the details?
Dave Richoux?
Very kind regards,
Bill.
*I do however have the Columbia soundtrack CD of the 1955-56 Ed Morrow film
'Satchmo The Great'.