[Dixielandjazz] OKOM on CDBABY.COM

John Wolfe n2xbw at twcny.rr.com
Fri Jan 6 06:23:06 PST 2006

Dixie-listers,
I've been looking into little-known OKOM groups on cdbaby.com.
Let me tell you that OKOM has a strong pulse there!

In the DIXIELAND section, there are around 100 groups (!)
listed, and you can listen to ALL of them!  Who says OKOM is dying?
Go to http://cdbaby.com/style/73/all to see the list of
Dixieland groups on www.cdbaby.com

If you go to www.cdbaby.com, than you will need to click on "JAZZ"
Then "DIXIELAND". The number of fresh new groups there is astounding!

WARNING! You are likely to hear NEW material and approaches to OKOM.
So...If you are stuck counting the sweat beads on Satchmo's forehead,
you might find there's something actually NEW in OKOM!

Keep on a-Huffin'
Johnny "Big Bad" Wolfe
The Lime Hollow Boys
www.limehollowboys.com

Listen to our "Steamboat Stomp" (no, it's not Satchmo's tune)
on our website and tell me that wouldn't make a great OKOM number.
While you're there listen to "Big Bowl of Chili" which is my own
composition.
-JBBW