[Dixielandjazz] Sirius and XM and Trad Jazz

Laurence Swain l.swain at comcast.net
Thu Jan 5 08:46:01 PST 2006

Bert Joss wrote:

>      Does anyone know if Sirius or XM offer Dixieland jazz on a
>      "track"?
> XM has a "Traditional" track and Sirius has a "Classic Jazz" track. Do
> they in fact play Dixieland?  And if not,  why not?   Cheers, Bert
> Joss in Florida.

We were given Sirius as a Christmas gift.  After the messy installation in our car I tried it
out.  There does not seem to be any Trad Jazz offered by Sirius.

On the other hand, I recently saw an ad for XM and noted that they offer a track in the
Jazz and Blues category entitled Traditional Jazz.

Oh, well...

Larry Swain