[Dixielandjazz] Re: Audubon String Quartet

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 5 06:35:44 PST 2006

on 1/5/06 1:22 AM, Bill Haesler at bhaesler at bigpond.net.au wrote:

> Norman E. Nichols <anichols at gis.net> wrote: about thew lawsuit judgement
> rendered against members of the quartet.
>
>> Hello Steve,
> Would you please send the entire article that you mentioned below........<
>
> To which Steve replied:
>> I no longer neither have the article nor have access to it............perhaps
> list mate saved it..............<
>
> Mmmmmmmmmm.
> Guess who did?
> Li'l ole me!
> The original article has been sent, off list, to Norman and Steve.
> Kind regards,
> Bill.

Dear Bill & List Mates:

Is this some list or what?

Thanks mate.

Latest info on it was that the 3 musicians have until tomorrow, Jan 6 to
surrender their instruments, or compromise with the plaintiff, Mr. Ehrlich.
The original deadline was extended by the judge in hope that negotiations
currently underway might provide a solution whereby the 3 musicians might
find a way to keep their instruments, or at least continue playing them,
even if they no longer own them.

Justice? Well who knows. There is so much corruption in the "legal" world
these days, it make us jazz musicians look like angels by comparison.

Cheers,
Steve