[Dixielandjazz] "Living in a great big Way - Tommy Dorsey

Mike mike at railroadstjazzwest.com
Wed Jan 4 19:32:00 PST 2006

    I think that Dorsey really was a jazz trombonist like the others you
mentioned. His style was different.
  Just like Teagarden's style was different from Kid Ory's and Miff
Mole's was
  different from J.J Johnson's. There isn't a right or wrong jazz improv
solo. You say what you have to say and if people like it good, if not
then oh well. He was an excellent phraser as you previous said and often
played like a vocalist would sing.