[Dixielandjazz] Re: Lead Sheet for Big Time Woman?

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Jan 3 19:22:33 PST 2006

Dear Craig,
Thank you for the lyrics to "Big Time Woman".
However, they aren't quite the same as sung by Wilton Crawley on the record.
Minor differences only though. Just a matter of phrasing.
But the reason for replying is that in listing the personnel, I forgot the
tuba player.
This is sometimes given as Pops Foster, but I doubt this.
As mentioned by me some time ago on the DJML, we have no aural evidence that
Pops Foster played tuba in those early days.
Kind regards,
Bill.