[Dixielandjazz] The Ken Peplowski Band Goodman Tour with Johnny Varro on piano.

Lowell Busching verbose at daktel.com
Mon Jan 2 17:28:44 PST 2006

This is a follow up to Bob Ringwald's post to the DJML on the upcoming
Benny Goodman tour starting Jan 6th at a venue or civic center near you.
Johnny Varro will be on piano the entire tour which lasts through March,
with the last scheduled listing being in Madison, Wis. The tour starts
in S. Ca. on Jan 6th

Bob already gave the URL of Johnny's new web site in the format that can
be handled by most mail programs today. However, for those of you who
may still be using older mail programs, the full url address for a link
in the mail program is:

http://www.johnnyvarro.com

Go to the Schedule link in the top, upper left to see the full listing
of the Goodman tour. There is always the possibility that Johnny will
have an occasional day off so if your area is not covered, you might
want to check with him. He may not respond directly to email to the
contact address so you should write soon to expect a response.

Several years ago now Ken took a similar group out on the road with
Johnny and other great musicians doing one night stands in a bus, like
in the old days.  I am not sure what mode of transportation they will
use on this tour, as I forgot to ask him, but the show I caught in a
college auditorium in NW Iowa was worth the trip from here in eastern
N.D.  I was probably heading to some other festival anyway. :-)  Be sure
to catch them if they come into your area. Links to the box offices at
many of the locations are also given.

If you have trouble hearing the background music as listed on the
various web pages of Johnny's site, and you are using a browser other
then IE, you might want to crank up your IE browser. Bob Ringwald will
tell you, that like sheep, you should ALL be using the Microsoft Browser
anyway, so he did not bother to mention that. He says it is quite good.
The music that is. The browser I will leave to your opinion.

For those who do not have the time to go to Johnny's web site to see the
schedule, they will be covering a number of states from Ca, to Texas, to
La., to Ga. to N.C., up the east coast and over to the Chicago area,
finishing off in Madison, Wis.

Bob Ringwald believes strongly in brevity in emails where possible. I
believe in detail in emails whether called for or not.  One night stands
are back. I hope you enjoy them. Better musicians you will not find.

Lowell Busching aka Mad Dawg