[Dixielandjazz] sound systems

Bill Biffle bbiffle at brgcc.com
Tue Feb 28 20:19:42 PST 2006

I'm thinking of changing my band's sound equipment and would like to have
some recommendations.  I like a powered mixer - all in one box, easy to run
- and need two good stand speakers and a couple of good monitors.   We are a
7 piece trad jazz band - clarinet, tpt, tbone in front with keyboard,
upright bass, banjo, and drums behind.  We usually run the keyboard through
the system; the bass player uses his own small amp/speaker, and we mic the
banjo.  We use two mics in front - one for the clarinet and one for vocals
and MCing.

As always, all advice is appreciated.

Bill Biffle

Duke City Jazz Band <http://www.billbiffle.com/DCJB>