[Dixielandjazz] Microphones at a distance

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Tue Feb 28 00:12:20 PST 2006

Hi GUS:

Excellent points but remember you are talking to Dixieland Players
here,  the same Question could be asked about,
Why spend thousands of dollars for a good horn to play $40.00 gigs
The only guy you are going to impress is the other guy on the bandstand
making $40.00.  :))   The usual audience does not know the difference
or even care what kind of horn or mic you use. :))   And at $5.00 to
$8.00 admission they are not likely to buy you  anything better for a
long time either.

Oh my oh my what did I say??  Cheaper to go back to the Megaphone and
save the money

Oh do dee oh do!

Now what I want to know is what is the best Mic for a WASHBOARD ??
answer ( an underpass)

Tom "Just Play louder or get off the stage" Wiggins