[Dixielandjazz] Re: Muggsy/Brunies (was Transcribing OKOM)

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon Feb 27 21:31:41 PST 2006

Dear Mike,
Sorry, but your prompt reply did not really answer my question.
So that I can, hopefully, identify the original, can you please provide the
name of the record company, the catalogue number of the CD and perhaps the
names of several members the band. If listed.
Also, the name of the song on which you have detected the out-of-tune
Brunies. Or perhaps the full list of tunes on the CD.
That way I can check if I have the session/s and verify if there is any of
the out-of-tuneness you mention.
At the moment I am looking at an RKO Muggsy Spanier reissue called 'Chicago
Jazz', recorded in April 1956 which features George Brunies on some of the
tracks. Certainly not from 1939 which you claim yours is.
Kind regards,
Bill.