[Dixielandjazz] Re: Transcribing OKOM

Mike mike at railroadstjazzwest.com
Mon Feb 27 10:34:34 PST 2006

The recording is from the album 'Chicago Jazz' which is a collection of
Muggsy's 1939 recordings. He plays a short but excellent 16 bar solo in
which his rhythmic variety is simple but creative. I suspected that it
wasn't due to him, but I was suprised at how out of tune it was. Is this
a common occurannce for early jazz recordings?

Mike