[Dixielandjazz] Report from New Orleans

Tim Eldred julepjerk at surewest.net
Mon Feb 27 07:08:17 PST 2006

My wife and I are down for Mardi Gras.  Crowds are much smaller at parades, but people still go absolutely nuts for beads of all types.  There is quite a bit of music around, mostly with street brass bands.  Maison Bourbon has their usual trad combo, but they are not filling the room.  (Good, driving group, however...)  The song that got all the young folks boogeying on the street, however, was Saints.  They kicked off with a rousing beat and everybody in the street reacted.

Tim Eldred
Rodeville, CA 95678