[Dixielandjazz] Fwd: Trombone Portland

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Sun Feb 26 18:52:30 PST 2006

Can you believe this a guy actually wants to learn to play a Trombone
:))

Maybe some unemployed one in Portland, Oregon can help him.  :))

Looks like a Challenge,  a guy who plays a guitar with his ear, what
pray tell is he going to work the Slide with ?
Cheers,

Tom

      Looking for a little TROMBONE help / advise . . .
 Reply to: comm-137084092 at craigslist.org
  Date: 2006-02-25, 8:37PM PST

  I've been playing guitar for twenty years (by ear, no formal theory
knowledge really and so far no sheet music reading). I really, really
want to learn to play slide trombone! Only problem is I'm not sure
where to start. Well, I take that back. I guess I'll have to start with
an instrument. How much should I pay for one and what should I look for
in a good (beginner) piece? Any specific brand names to look for or
avoid? Next, where in the hell do you get trombone lessons besides a
junior high school?? Is there anyone there in the PDX corner of the
Craigs List universe who can give me lessons? I can trade guitar
lessons or pay cold hard cash, either way. I just wanna learn to play.
I'll really apreciate any hits I get on this post! Thanks, CL'ers.