[Dixielandjazz] Look out you tubists. This one cuts you all.

Stephen Heist steveheist at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 26 10:53:19 PST 2006

Hey Steve and all,
When I worked with Your Father's Mustache band in Denver I met a WONDERFUL
gal tuba player (also doubled on string bass) named Jeannie (can't remember
her last name) - beautiful too - gave me thoughts of forming a band with
all female side"women" :-) VVBG  If you want her, contact Joe Petrucelli,
leader of YFM, and I'm sure he still has her number...
All the Best,
Steve Heist

You can NOW visit my NEW website and check my schedule at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~steveheist/
Drop on by today!

Rattle
> was so smitten with a young substitute musician in the back row that he
> arranged an audition with his Berlin Philharmonic."
>
> Too late because the Philadelphia Orchestra has hired HER for its own
vacant
> Tuba chair. She is the only, and possibly the first female tuba player in
> major full time US Orchestra.
>
> But since Carol Jantsch is only 20, she returned to the University of
> Michigan so she can graduate this April. Then she returns to the
Orchestra.