[Dixielandjazz] SPAIN and HOME

jsbarque at netscape.net jsbarque at netscape.net
Sat Feb 25 15:36:39 PST 2006

"Spain" also has a beaut verse. The Creole Bells here in Melbourne play it in a tango rhythm and it sets off the chorus very nicely.

The chords of "Spain" and "Home" match over several sequences in both songs which make the songs similar, not identical.

cheers...............Tony Orr

"Brian Towers" <towers at allstream.net> wrote:

>Bob,
>Sorry to rain on your parade but Spain" and "Home" are way different in our
>book.   For example,  assuming you are in Eb, then first 8 bars of "Spain"
>are
> Eb            Gbdim            Fm7            C7
>F7            Fm7/Bb7        Eb/Cm        Fm7/Bb7
>
>"Home" (first 8 bars) Eb            D7            Fm        Bb7
>Fm            Bb7        Eb          Bb7
>
>that's just a few of the differences
>"Home " has a beautiful verse too, which is shamefully ignored by most bands
>
>Cheers,
>Brian Towers

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.