[Dixielandjazz] Trombone gig available

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 25 13:29:51 PST 2006

David Richoux <tubaman at tubatoast.com> wrote (polite snip) about the T-Bone
gig for a liberal minded player who doesn't mind nudity.

> ( I guess they are not to far away from OKOM, really ;-)

Hi Dave:

Not too far away at all. Many of us OKOM jazz musicians worked strip joints
back in the 40s-50-60s in order to make ends meet. :-) VBG.

Not only that but if you run across the young jazz clarinet maven, Evan
Christopher, ask him about his strip joint work in New Orleans. He loved it,
and who wouldn't?

We did a few gigs at Delilah's Den here in the Philly area and they were
quite entertaining. Had no trouble getting the top musos for those gigs.

Cheers,
Steve (Strippers swing too) Barbone