[Dixielandjazz] Shameless Plug - Upcoming Performances

Roger Wade rwade1947 at comcast.net
Sat Feb 25 09:22:32 PST 2006

Hi Mike,

Sorry to send this via DJML but I have been unable to reach you at
your e-mail address.  I sent the message below several times over the
past few months but suspect that you never received it.  I admire the
Real Dukes website and want to help fill in some of the missing label
and album cover scans.  Please reply off list to let me know how best
to do this without ending up in your spam folder.  E-mails to the
webmaster from the link on the site were also unanswered.

Best regards,

Roger Wade

Hello Mike,

On the Discography page of the Dukes website there are lots of
missing label scans and album cover photos.  Each page where a scan
is missing has a statement that "We need this album cover" (or label).

In September I sent an e-mail to the site webmaster via the link on
the site, and I also sent the same e-mail to you at this address.
The gist of the message is that I have scans of the labels for Okeh
6969 and a digital photo of the 10-inch LP Epic LN 1110 you may be
able to use.  I also have an Imperial LP that I haven't photographed
yet.  I provided links to the Okeh and Epic scans.

I had no response from either of you and the scans are not on the
website.   I am a record dealer (www.reallyoldrecords.com) and am
likely to come across many more of the labels and album covers you
need.  I just would like to know if you or the site really want
them.  I don't know if either of my earlier e-mails got through.

Let me know if you do want them and I'll send you the links to the
scans or will include them as attachments, whichever is preferred.

Great job on the website.

Best regards,

Roger Wade
Really Old Records