[Dixielandjazz] Tunes with identical chord progressions

jsbarque at netscape.net jsbarque at netscape.net
Fri Feb 24 15:24:14 PST 2006

and so many leaders call as the next tune one which is almost identical to the previous one. e.g. 2 songs in minor keys, or in F with an Am bridge followed by one in Eb with a Gm bridge. If you are not focussed, you can easily lapse into the previous song, especially when the bridge comes around, no matter what instrument you play. But then, that's jazz, I guess.

now, what was that bridge again ???????

Tony Orr
banjo/guitar, Melb