[Dixielandjazz] Matlock's Paducah Patrol

Edmetzsr at aol.com Edmetzsr at aol.com
Fri Feb 24 12:09:06 PST 2006

In a message dated 2/24/2006 7:11:03 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
philor at webone.com.au writes:

I've  just finished listening to the 23 tracks on Matty matlock'd  "Paducah
Patrol" again.;

Phil, I recall making a trip with Bob Crosby a little less than 20  years ago
on the east coast where he and I drove together for about 2  hours. I had
just made a cassette of the LP in question here, and played it not  once, but
again on the way home. Mr. Crosby had never heard it before, and he  had a ball
guessing who the various soloists were. You're spot on. It was a  great
recording and I'd like to get my hands on it for another listen.
    Our new Bob Cat CD was released today, and I've  included a few tunes for
which I borrowed heavily from Matty Matlock's original  ideas. You should
also know that Bill Allred plays Matty's arrangements (with  faithful
recreations) with his Classic Jazz Band.
    Regards, Ed Metz