[Dixielandjazz] Google Alert -Psychedelic dixieland jazz.

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 24 07:20:55 PST 2006

"Phil O'Rourke" <philor at webone.com.au> wrote a list of tunes (politely
snipped) on the subject of Google Alert -Psychedelic  dixieland jazz.

Yessir, there are lots of songs in early OKOM, Jazz, Jazz, Devil's Music or
whatever we wish to call it, which should remind us all that this music was:

1) About Sex
2) About Drugs
3) About Protest
4) Considered Trash By The Establishment
5) Sacrilegious
6) For libertines who did "dirty dancing".
7) Played only by scum of the earth non musicians.

Etc. - Any of us play it that way today? If not, maybe that's what it fell
out of favor. :-) VBG

My, how times have changed now that "WE" are the establishment and now
consider similarly contemporary  music in exactly the same light. I guess
the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. :-) VBG.

Cheers,
Steve

PS. Favorite rhyming lyrics?

"When love congeals, it soon reveals,
The faint aroma of performing seals,
The double-crossing of a pair of eels,
I wish I were in love again."

Especially as sung by Mickey Rooney and Judy Garland (the adorable kids)
circa 1948 or 9(?) in the movie  "Words & Music" where he plays Lorenz Hart.
Say, to what do those lyrics refer? :-) VBG