[Dixielandjazz] Music Hath Charms to Soothe the Savage Breast

pat ladd pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Wed Feb 22 04:17:10 PST 2006

Classical tunes are now piped into some Tube stations>>

Hi Steve,

Here is another variation. There is a pilot scheme being run in shopping
malls to keep mobs of youngsters on the move.  It has been found that
playing a high pitched mosquito like note over speakers makes teenagers feel
generally uncomfortable and induces them to move away. We old `uns, that is
over about twenty two years of age, have hearing which has generally
deteriorated  to the point where the `note` cannot be heard.

Now if someone will invent something which I can carry in my pocket, which
will turn off all music written since about 1950 being played within 50
yards, I would pay good money. Just think. That would include `Wonderful
World` Oh! bliss!

Cheers

Pat