[Dixielandjazz] Re: trombone legislation

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Sat Feb 18 13:10:42 PST 2006

Larry and other neologism-fans--
     I made it up.  I figured if 'callipygian' meant "having
beautifully proportioned buttocks", then a prefix meaning 'bad' or
'abnormal' or 'impaired' ('dysa') followed by 'pygian' ought to
present an image of what happens to someone's backside rudely prodded
by a trombone slide.

     Dan

**  Dan Augustine  --  Austin, Texas  --  ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
**        "Luck is the residue of design."  --  Branch Rickey