[Dixielandjazz] Re: The Entertainer (was Maria Elena)

Robert Smith robert.smith at tele2.no
Sat Feb 18 03:48:15 PST 2006

Dear Bill,

Many thanks for your (as ever) interesting information about Scott Joplin and J. Rosamond Johnson.
The record I have is an English Columbia LP numbered 33SX1015. I don't think the composer credit is a record producer's error, because there is a footnote that states in connection with "The Entertainer": "This rag is also accredited to Scott Joplin, although its publishers claim it is the work of J. Rosamond Johnson, brother of the celebrated Negro poet, James Weldon Johnson."
So the thot plickens, as they say.

Kind Regards

Bob