[Dixielandjazz] Bunk Johnson - Maria Elena etc. + Chuck Traeger.

Stan Brager sbrager at socal.rr.com
Fri Feb 17 14:21:40 PST 2006

Steve;

The Delmark label released a Bunk Johnson called "Last Testament". The liner
notes state that these recordings were the last recordings made by Bunk. The
band included Ed Cuffee (tb), Garvin Bushell (cl), Don Kirkpatrick (p),
Danny Barker (gui), Wellman Braud (b), and Alphonse Steele (dr). Among the
tunes played was "Maria Elena". The rhythm sounds Latin - a rumba, perhaps.
The recording was made in the Carnegie Hall Recital Room in December, 1947.

Is this the music you're looking for?

Stan
Stan Brager