[Dixielandjazz] Air travel

Steve Heist steveheist at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 15 17:38:10 PST 2006

HI all...
I know the US airports are FINE with carrying on an instrument (as long as it's not a 9 foot concert grand :-)  Been doing it a LOT since 9-11 and NO problem EVER...  (Been on MANY different airlines...)  The good ol' musicians union has a letter you might want to take with you...   Maybe Mr. Hanson in Atlanta could attach you a copy - it's the agreement concerning carry on instruments :-)
But like I say, no one has said ONE WORD about me carrying my guitar :-)
All the Best
Steve Heist