[Dixielandjazz] FW: Louis, Lotte and Mackie

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Mon Feb 13 09:00:47 PST 2006

>>>The week prior to the the Armstrong original (I told Anton it was the day
before) in New York on 22 September 1955 Turk Murphy recorded two titles for
Columbia with Billy Butterfield, t; Turk Murphy, tb; Bill Carter, cl; Pete
Clute, p; Dick Lammi, bj; Milt Hinton, sb; Thad Wilkerson, d.
C053802    Mack the knife                       Col 40586
C053803    Maryland, my Maryland                 -
Have these two sides ever appeared on LP or CD?
Fr Mike Logsdon (our resident Turk Murphy expert) should be able to  advise.<<<

Now, that's something I've never been called before!  (And for good reason ... the "never" part, that is!)

Here's what I know:  According to the late Frank Powers, said coupling was never reissued.  Friendly man that he was, he sent me a copy on CD.  Then, a few years later, I won a 45 rpm version at eBay.  Both CD and 45 are buried deep in my collection, buried equally deep in a closet after a recent move...,

--
Etc,

Fr M J "Mike" Logsdon
Special Assistant to the Presiding Archbishop
North American Old Roman Catholic Church (Utrecht Succession)
www.naorc.org