[Dixielandjazz] Re: Question: what ever happened...

Ron L'Herault lherault at bu.edu
Sun Feb 12 13:27:42 PST 2006

So, what's the kid's name?

Ron L

-----Original Message-----
From: dixielandjazz-bounces at ml.islandnet.com
[mailto:dixielandjazz-bounces at ml.islandnet.com] On Behalf Of Henry Mason
Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2006 2:26 AM
To: Bill Haesler
Cc: dixieland jazz mail list
Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] Re: Question: what ever happened...

Followup report

Another big band gig Saturday night.... same kid singing.   Knocked em out
again and not all the same tunes.   Turned out the owner of the company he
works for was in the audience.   Kid didn't turn a hair,  glad handed the
guy from the stage  and then took care of business.    Reminds me a lot of
ol Frank the Chairman from about 1950.  About the same amount of brass in
him too.

OKOM content?   He knows even more standards than previously though at age
21.     By them time he gets to be 30 he will be a monster indeed.

Henry

PS   Yes  our big band did work friday and saturday nights.   I have been
studying band marketing with Steve Barbone!  <VBG>