[Dixielandjazz] Mardi Gras West

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Fri Feb 10 22:02:48 PST 2006

Blatant Commercial:

Sorry it can't be at Typical Traditional Jazz Society admissions:

Ambassadors of American Culture & The Fillmore Jazz Preservation
District, Merchants Association of San Francisco

Presents:   MARDI GRAS WEST   "Masquerade Ball"

Saturday,  February 25th, 2006

9:00 p.m. til 2:00 a.m.

At The Beautiful New West Bay Community Conference Center Ballroom

1290 Fillmore Street, San Francisco, 94115

Entertainment will be by :

SAINT GABRIEL'S CELESTIAL BRASS BAND   Second Line show
and some real musical surprises we promise.

Cajun Cuisine prepared by Crescent City Catering

$40.00 advacne   $50.00 at the door
includes, Food, Masks, and Beads of course
Dress: Semi Formal or Costume
Full no host Bar available

Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!!

to purchase tickets or for more information

www.fillmoremerchants.net   1-877-627-3406

A portion of the proceeds will go to  the Disire Street Academy in New
Orleans
http://www.desirestreet.org

Anybody not giggin' come out and party hardy with us

We will also be doing a Fat Tuesday Parade in the neighborhood on Fat
Tuesday  Watch for further notice of details, and yes it will be at
Acceptable prices for OKOM   Free :))

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins

I also walked around the neighborhood today and saw lots of new Jazz
activity and places to get gigs for Jazz bands,
biggest surprise was learning that the Big Class Jazz club Yoshi's in
Oakland is building a big brand new Jazz Club from the ground up 1
block down the street from the famous Fillmore Ballroom.   Rasella's is
already dong good Jazz business with two bands a night on Fri & Sat.
right across the street from the Fillmore.   And John Lee Hooker's Boom
Boom Room across the street in the other direction is hosting lots of
New Orleans musicians Seven nights a week.

Jazz is not dead in the cities folks but we gotta go to the city to
play it ain't comin' out to the barnyard in the country, and just
because the folks downtown in your suburban village built a Performing
Arts Center does not mean any Major Jazz Acts are gong to come there.
Gotta go where the action is.